What Cricket is and its Rules
Cricket is a team game originally from England. The first mentions date back to the 16th century. The sport first gained popularity in its homeland, with the development of British expansion appearing in other parts of the world. The number of fans exceeds one billion. The greatest interest is shown by citizens from:
- United Kingdom;
- New Zealand.
The action unfolds on a field shaped like an oval. In the centre is a rectangle 20 metres long and 3 metres wide. This is called the pitch in sportsmen’s slang. There are wickets at the ends of the rectangle. The regulated height of the pitch is 71cm. Each wicket is 22cm wide. They are traditionally made of willow.
The task of the players is to score the maximum number of points or prevent their opponents from gaining points.
The serving team may have 11 athletes on the pitch. The opponents are only allowed to keep 2 players. They must be at the wickets and protect them from the ball with bats. Such players are known as batsmen. The bowler is referred to in cricket fan slang as a bowler.
The pitcher’s captain is responsible for distributing the players on the pitch. Nine athletes are directly on the pitch, one serves the ball and another takes up position behind the player with the bat.
The kicking team scores points for the runs. In the slang of the game, these are called runs. An athlete bounces the ball and runs towards the opposite wicket. At this time the second fielder of the club runs towards him. After crossing the line, one must touch the ground with a body part or bat.
The rules of cricket allow for several runs per stroke. However, such situations rarely arise. The task of the athletes on the pitch is to smash the wicket. The competition rules imply that points are awarded for taking the ball out of the field:
- 6 runs are awarded for flying without touching the ground;
- 4 points are awarded for rebounding after rebounding.
The rules are monitored by 2 referees. The referees may award points for non-observance of the rules, mistakes in putting the ball into play.
The serving team must strike out the opposing kicker. Otherwise, the athlete takes the entire series of 6 shots. In cricket slang, it is commonly referred to as over. There are 4 reasons for leaving the field early:
- Bowler got the ball caught by the kicker.
- The athlete did not reflect the shot, the ball shattering the wicket.
- The opponents destroyed the wicket.
- A player from the defending team catches the ball on the fly.
There is also a change of Bowler class players every 6 innings. The part of the match before the change of sides is called the innings.
The time of the bout is determined by the rules of the competition. Short matches usually last 3.5 hours. Supranational competition games can last up to 5 days. The International Cricket Council and Marylebone Cricket Club develop the standards and requirements of the game. The established regulations may relate to:
- The number of overs;
- the number of innings;
- time of the match.
The rules are stipulated before the meeting starts. Normally, tournaments of the same championship follow the same rules.
The disciplinary regulations allow replacements to be made. A new player may be placed on the pitch after an injury to one of the bases. However, the player is only allowed to act on the pitch. He may not act as captain, batsman or bowler. The appearance of any athlete on the pitch without the referee’s permission is punishable by a fine.
The score in the match is displayed in p/k format. Where P is the number of points scored (run), k is the number of wickets lost. The P parameter is taken into account when determining the winner.
Certain conditions apply when the ball is put into play. An athlete may not straighten his/her arm fully when making the shot. The competition rules allow a single bounce serve. The competition rules specify the areas on the pitch from which a shot may not be thrown.
What Types of Bets There Are in Online Cricket Betting
Cricket betting at betting companies in India is characterised by the variety of options available. Operators offer different types of betting. The operators offer different types of betting:
- 1×2 – the bookmaker offers to determine the winner of the game.
- Run-out statistics. Punter to determine which team will do more of the specified actions during the match.
- Betting operators are introducing a “Best First Partnership Result” betting market. One of the teams can win in this case, there is an option to bet on a draw.
- It is also possible to bet on the number of points either player will score. Betting companies are more likely to offer options of 50 or 100. The higher the number, the more favourable odds the companies give.
- Some betting operators offer to guess the method by which the destruction of the first wicket will occur.
- Punters can bet on the winner of the toss if they wish. Such events on the field can be considered equal. Operators are therefore more likely to give the same odds on them.
- You can also bet on the total of the first service of the ball. Companies are invited to guess the number of runs scored after the ball is kicked.
- Punters can bet on the team with the first wicket to fall during the game.
- Among Indian sports betting fans, betting on the individual performance of athletes is popular. Betting sites allow them to guess the name of the person who will score the highest number of points.
- Sometimes sports betting sites feature dueling bets between players. Punters need to determine which athlete in the pair will do more good.
- Some operators introduce additional divisions. Companies add markets to determine the best athlete depending on the role (Batter or Bowler).
Online bookmakers often add handicaps to bets. In this case, the punter has to guess the winner of the match, taking into account the advantage declared by the bookmaker. The handicap is virtual and is not reflected in the game score. It is possible to bet on the number of points scored. The operators set the limits and ask to determine whether the team will score more or fewer points. Such betting options are also offered for the sum of points of both clubs.
The depth of match detail depends on several criteria. Operators are better at looking at games of popular championships in India. The number of betting markets increases as the encounter gets closer. The companies have more information on the upcoming match, which allows them to give better details.
India’s Popular Cricket Competitions
Online cricket betting is particularly popular among players in India. The BCCI is considered to be the main regulatory body. The board is responsible for organising all local competitions. The members of the association are also responsible for the formation of the national team. There are different leagues and championships in India. The list of the most popular ones includes:
- Indian Premier League;
- Deodhar Trophy;
- Ranji Trophy;
- Duleep Trophy;
- NKP Salve Challenger Trophy;
- Vijay Haraze Trophy and others.
There is interest among Indians in international competitions. The local team is regarded as one of the most decorated and strongest in the world. The national teams of Pakistan and India also receive a lot of attention. Traditionally, these cricket matches are considered to be the most watched in the world.
Bookmakers are keen to keep the public interested in the market. For punters, companies set minimum commissions on cricket and give additional incentives. Some betting operators even add a free betting option on matches in the said discipline.
How to Bet on Cricket Online
Online bookmakers only accept cricket bets from registered users. Therefore, a punter has to register before placing a bet. You are advised to familiarise yourself with the company’s requirements beforehand. They may concern a number of points.
|From age 18, From age 21 or subject to state law
|Possibility to create an additional profile
|In most cases, it is forbidden to
|Receiving a welcome-bonus
|Depends on the bookmaker’s regulations
Let us now tell you how to bet on cricket. The procedure requires the player to do so:
- Top up your personal account balance with the required amount.
- Select the event of interest.
- Click on the odds of the desired outcome.
- Enter the bet amount in the coupon and confirm the action.
When the match is over, the betting company will calculate and give the player his winnings. More often, the operators will give out the prizes after the desired event. Punters can place bets before the start of the match or in Live mode. There is no fundamental difference in the betting mechanism.
Attention! The odds at the bookmakers are constantly changing. Some companies offer an automatic betting option in coupons when the odds increase. The client needs to write down the bet amount and activate the option. If the potential profitability increases, the system will confirm the betting automatically.
Online Cricket Betting Tips
Online cricket betting can be a source of steady income. The sport is a popular one, with competitions taking place every year. However, a number of conditions need to be met for a player to achieve good financial results. The main cricket betting tips concern:
- Selecting a betting company. Internet betting is formally banned in India. That is why punters bet on the websites of international betting houses. Before registering, it is advisable to check the company for license, margin, variety of betting options available. It is also necessary to look at the betting limits set, the methods used for making a deposit and withdrawing funds. After analysing the betting operators, we advise you to keep an account with 3-5 companies from the TOP list.
- Analysis of events. Betting without first estimating the chances of the desired result occurring is not an option. Such tactics will lead to financial losses. It is necessary to study the game from different angles. Athletes’ motivation, recent game statistics, head-to-head stats, style of play, lineup changes should be taken into consideration. The more factors a punter takes into account, the higher the chances of a successful betting.
- The choice of odds. We strongly advise against betting on events with odds less than 1.50. To break even at a distance when playing on the specified outcomes, you need a pass rate of 67%. One can only dream about high earnings if the performance is 75% and higher. It is very difficult to reach such figures. The optimal odds are 1.60-2.00. They are ideal in terms of the ratio of risk and possible profits.
- Selecting the type of bets. Multiple bets are popular because of the opportunity to get the best odds. By including 2 events at odds of 1.50 in such a bet, the total return rises to 2.25. However, the punter increases the risks of losing. In addition to the odds, the bookmaker’s margin increases as well. Professional punters prefer to bet on single bets.
- Selecting the betting amount. We recommend avoiding the use of progressive bankroll management models. Such tactics increase the risk of total loss in a series of losses. It is better to play for a fixed amount or a percentage of the account balance. Betting on 2-5% of the bank is ideal.
The best cricket betting sites also allow you to play in real time. Punter can view the match and make bets. As a result, the player will improve his prediction and increase his performance.